Sunday 6 November 2011

The Princess and the Pea

It's time for me to show some new work!

Some of you may know that I've been working like crazy to get my embroideries ready for a new exhibition by my textile group 'NINE'. Our exhibition is being held at The Gibberd Gallery in Harlow Essex from 1st-25th November 2011 (Monday -Friday 10am -4pm). The title of our exhibition is "Textile Tales and Stitched Stories".

 We each had to produce a stitched panel based on a Fairy Story.



  I chose to embroider The Princess and the Pea.

Quite a few of us found it to be a real challenge, including myself! I find it very difficult to do representational work, and much prefer to stitch abstract design. This was the best I could do! I made 20 little quilts and a felt pea which I placed on a dolls house bed, placed on a canvaswork mat.



I photographed the bed and then by the miracle of Photoshop, printed it onto fabric and then embellished it with further stitching, adding a Princess and a crown.


The first thing you see when entering the exhibition is our group of Fairy Tale panels.


 I will be adding more pictures of the exhibition in the next few days, along with further details of my work!

1 comment:

TheSequinnedSheep said...

How cool is this! I love the idea of doing the Princess and the Pea, and all those quilts are fabulous! Such a great idea and well executed!